9/29/2012

It's Going to be a Loong Season...


Please pardon my foul mood and harsh verbiage this morning...

After taking an egregious $60K kick in the fucking testicles on the markets since Monday, my temper is a lit stick of dynamite and I find myself a wee bit sensitive when it comes to discussing issues on full retard spending to the upside these days...

Trust me, I'm at the gym right now and I'd much rather be stabbing these pencil-necked dicksuckers holding up ALL the cable-flye machines in the fucking eyes and pushing fat-faced old fuckers wearing MC Hammer pants doing my sister's weights beside me into idle barbell racks than ranting about my kid's hockey...

So we just found out our eldest son, Jayden, is booked for his first hockey tournament for the season... In less than 2 weeks time...

Thanks for the fucking heads up.

I do understand an 'early-in-the-season' tournament is a wonderful thing for team cohesion and camaraderie. I get that.

While I find this "money is no object when it comes to my kid's hockey" mantra quite displeasing; and though I am just a mere blue collar low-life working in a refinery for hourly wages, and my kid wears Nike and last year's Under Armour, and my lifestyle is that of a vagrant piker with a burlap hoodie when compared to the arcane spending habits of the rest of the Joneses in the hockey world, I still feel I do have the cash to 'tolerate' the whimsical caprices of this teams' parents and coaches for the sake of my kid being able to improve and skate with this higher tiered team...




And, while I also understand "time is of the essence" when it comes to entering these tournaments as they do fill up quickly, and a lot of the team's decisions are already made within the confines of this tight little clique, as I have been to every parent meeting that I was made aware of, I just thought it was "common courtesy" to have prior INPUT and CONSENT from all the other parents too, even those degenerates of the lower order of the hockey parent echelon, of the specific dates and availability of our kids being able to participate in it; not only because it is expected of us to pay for this too, but because it is also an out-of-town tournament that involves booking a hotel room for the weekend, leaving work early, and pulling my kid out from school to drive him there for a Friday night game...

You see, I've been a big fan of past hockey teams waiting to get the regular season league game schedule first, which also happens to start in 4 days, before booking any tournaments to see if there are any conflicts in schedules... Now how novel would that be?

And what about the other siblings also enrolled in hockey? Don't their teams and coaches expect at least half the level of commitment we are putting towards this fucking team?? Oh no problem getting my second kid to his games and practices that weekend, because being in two places at the SAME fucking time just so happens to be my specialty... Shall I pull gay rabbits out of my magic hat for the purposes of entertaining you fuckfaces too??

Well, it's looking like it's going to be an even longer season now.... Is it possible to hate hockey?

Have a nice day.



PS. If you insist on leaving asshat comments such as "maybe your wife should get her driver's license.." Please refrain and say that to my face.. That way you know the guy that just punched you in the cocksucker right the fuck now is me...







No comments: